Step 1: Initiate with a Process Issue
The Process issue is a ticketing system that:
- Enables anyone one with access to Salesforce to initiate a ticket (once you give them appropriate permission).
- Enables management and IT staff to triage issues/enhancements to determine if a change request should be created.
- Attaches Customization and Process Records to automatically determine how risky the change is and what level of change process is required for compliance.
- Can be linked to subsequent Change Requests to provide end to end reporting of changes for audit purposes.
|Note: The Process issue is an optional part of the process. If you have an established ticketing system, you can continue to use that and reference the external ticket in the Change Request.|
Step 2: Plan with a Change RequestChange Requests are used to plan and track changes to the system.
They allow for common actions associated with change requests including:
- Grouping process issues,
- Tracking the status and
- Managing approvals.
The Advanced Change Management Module provides additional functionality to:
- Automatically define the change level required for compliance based on the appropriate Strongpoint Change/Approval Policy.
- Identify impacts on other customizations.
- Delete customizations.
|Note: Change Management in Strongpoint can be integrated with other change tracking systems using the External Change Request Number field. However, it can be beneficial to use the Strongpoint change records since they can be linked to processes, customizations and clean up activities.|
Step 3: Confirm with a Deployment RecordWhen tracking Full Software Development Lifecycle changes, the Deployment Record enables you to track deployment approvals. Once a Change Request is approved, this documents that a change is ready for development. At this point, a new change request with the Stage Deployment Record can be created and tracked.
- Tracking of deployment activities.
- Documentation of approvals for deployment to document that any changes that occurred during development have been approved and that the appropriate pre-deployment checks have been completed.
This record is linked to the original change request to enable end to end reporting of the change.