Customization records tell us:
- What customizations exist (or used to exist) in an account.
- Who is using the customizations.
- Which customizations are being used.
- What the joins are between customizations.
- What detailed automated documentation exist, including search filters and formulas, related fields, scripts, searches and records.
For Change Management and Compliance, the joins between customizations are critical to determine the IT risk of making changes to the system. For example, they will warn you if changing a search could break a workflow or a script.