Customization records tell us:
- What customizations exist (or used to exist) in an account.
- Who is using the customizations.
- Which customizations are being used.
- The joins between customizations.
- Detailed automated documentation (search filters and formulas, related fields, scripts, searches and records).
A Customization is a meta record of the NetSuite customization that is created by the spidering process. Links to other customizations and processes are captured and managed in this record.
Header: The header contains general information such as the name, customization type, when it was last modified, parents and processes that are linked to that customization. You can also go to the actual customization itself using the Go to Record link.
Tabs: The tabs provide detailed information about the customization:
- Metadata: Additional overview information about the customization such as date last used and who uses the customization.
- Scripting: If the customization is a script, you can see the script comments, functions used, API calls, fields and other information. If the script was modified, you can also access the archive from here. For all customizations, you can see what scripts are associated with each customization.
- Searches: For all customizations, you can see what searches are associated with each customization. For searches you will see formulas, filters and fields for that search.
- Children: Any children associated with the customization.
- Forms: For all customizations, you can see what forms are associated with each customization. For forms, you will see the form fields.
- Processes: The processes associated with the customization.
- Improvement: Process issues, change requests and tests associated with the customization.
- Notes: Descriptive notes.
- Files: Linked files.
- Workflows: If the customization is a workflow you can see all the objects, states, actions, conditions and other workflow data from that workflow. For all customizations, you can see what workflows are associated with each customization.
- Data Sources and Integrations: Data sources and links to external systems.
- Controls: Enables the automated tracking of process issues.