When cleaning up your account with Strongpoint clean up tools, you may find fields that are no longer in use and you want to delete them. To do this you need to create a Change Request and add the fields you want to delete.
Step 1: Create a Change Request to Archive Fields
To create a change request:
- Go to the Strongpoint tab.
- Select Change Management.
- Choose Change Request.
- Fill out all relevant fields and include:
- In the Customizations field, add the customizations you want to delete.
- Click Save.
- Click the Impact Analysis button.
- Under the Impact Analysis subtab, you will see if the customizations you selected:
- Can Be Safely Deleted or Modified
- Cannot Be Safely Deleted or Modified or
- Inactive Customizations (Already Deleted)
- If you find your customizations under Cannot Be Safely Deleted or Modified and under Warning it says Not Archived:
- Click on the Archive Customizations button.
- Once your customizations are processed and archived, you will find your customizations under Can be Safely Deleted or Modified.
- In the File Cabinet, you will find the archive folder that you set up. This archive folder will have a CSV file that you can download. (The file name will have the field type and the script ID for the field.)